The 7th International Scientific Conference Epimilitaris 2019:
EPIDEMIOLOGY AND CBRN SECURITY.
SCIENCE, INNOVATIONS AND PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS.
15-17 April 2019
Ryn Castle Hotel
- The Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces
- The Association of Defense Communities Movement
- The Military Institute of Armament Technology
- The Military University of Technology
- The Military Institute of Health of the Czech Republic Armed Forces
- The Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology
- The Department of Disaster and Emergency Medicine of the Jagiellonian University – Medical College.
cordially invite to take part in the next, i.e. the seventh edition of the EpiMilitaris Conference, which this time will address epidemiology and CBRN security, science, innovations and practical implications in these fields.
This year’s Agenda will include the following topics:
- Epidemiology of infectious diseases which can be used as biological warfare agents.
- Epidemiology of non-infectious diseases which pose hazards to health of uniformed services.
- Identification of CBRN use-related threats. Monitoring of threats, environmental identification and medical intelligence.
- Identification of CBRN agents. Procedures, techniques and new technologies.
- How to proceed in a contaminated zone. Forensic, triage, and environmental aspects. Medical rescue in the contaminated zone. Medical evacuation from the contaminated zone.
- Hospital as a stage of handling a contaminated patient.
- Preparations in terms of CBRN security.
- Managing a crisis situation after an incident involving the use of CBRN agents.
- Restoring capabilities after hybrid war (Resilience in Hybrid War).
The Conference is to provide a platform to share and expand knowledge on epidemiology and CBRN security in the context of threats to human life after the use of CBRN agents. Therefore the conference topics concern a wide range of activities undertaken throughout the process of responding to the threat: preparation and prevention, and actions performed both during the incident and also after its occurrence.
The Conference Agenda also covers thematic workshops. Representatives of both Polish and foreign (the U.S.A., the Czech Republic and Slovakia) uniformed services have been invited to deliver these lectures.
As in the previous years, the participants will receive credit points. Scientific reports will be published in a conference monograph with a specific ISBN number.
- Stowarzyszenie Ruch Wspólnot Obronnych (The Association of Defense Communities Movement)
– Karolina Kukla email@example.com, tel. 728 806 113 – organizational and financial matters
– Katarzyna Klimczyk firstname.lastname@example.org – abstracts and texts for publication
- Centrum Reagowania Epidemiologicznego SZ RP (The Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces)
– Zespół Analiz (Analysis Section): email@example.com, tel. 261 892 767 – organizational matters, including conference presentations, transport
Col. Radosław Skrzypczyński (MD) – Commander of the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces
Col. Bogdan Grenda – Dean of the Faculty of National Security (PhD – dr hab), the War Studies University
Col. Libor Pisa (MD), Director of the Military Institute of Health of the Czech Republic Armed Forces
Col. Rafał Bazela (eng. PhD) – Director of the Military Institute of Armament Technology
Col. Paweł Majdan (eng. PhD) – the War Studies University
LTC Bartłomiej Jankiewicz (PhD) – the Military University of Technology
Maj. Jiri Dresler (MD) – the Military Institute of Health of the Czech Republic Armed Forces,
Maj. Petr Pajer (MD) – the Military Institute of Health of the Czech Republic Armed Forces,
Dr Anna Mróz – Jagiełło- President of the Association of Defense Communities Movement / the War Studies University
Arkadiusz Trzos (MD, PhD) – the Jagiellonian University – Medical College
LTC Przemysław Romelczyk – the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces
Col. Anna Osowska – Rembecka – the Association of Defense Communities Movement
Maj. Łukasz Krzowski – the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces
Maj. Agata Przewrocka – Plak (vet MD) – the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces
Lt Izabela Tomaszewska (PhD) – the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces
Lt. Bartosz Bartosewicz (eng. MSc) – the Military University of Technology
Dr Robert Botto (PhD) – the Defense Threat Reduction Agency
Jarosław Walczak (PhD) – the Military Institute of Armament Technology
Anthony Intrepido (MSc, MPH) – the U.S. Public Health Command in Germany
Karolina Kukla (MA) – the Association of Defense Communities Movement
Małgorzata Jurkiewicz (MA) – the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces
Malwina Liszewska (eng. MSc) – the Military University of Technology
CONFERENCE FRAMEWORK AGENDA
|15.04.2019 (Monday) – Day 1|
|09.00-10.00||Registration of participants|
|10.00-10.30||Conference opening / Welcome speeches Commander of the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed – Col.Radosław Skrzypczyński (MD) President of the Association of Defense Communities Movement dr Anna Mróz – Jagiełło,|
|Speeches of special guests and organizers|
|10.30-11.30||Kick-off speech No 1|
|11.30-12.30||Kick-off speech No 2|
|16.04.2019 (Tuesday) – Day 2|
|17.04.2019 (Wednesday) – Day 3|
|9.00-11.00||Panel 4- Practical demo|
|11.00-11.30||Conference conclusion and closing|
In order to register for the conference you should complete a registration form available at www.srwo.org.pl from 13.12.2018 till 01.03.2018 (early registration) or till 05.04.2019 (late registration)
In order to take part in the Conference you need to register online using our registration form as well as pay the conference fee!
The cost of participation for one person:
-1000 PLN, payable until 12.04.2019, by bank transfers
or paid in cash during conference (only in PLN)
In justified cases, provided that it has been agreed with the organizers in advance, participants will be able to make payment after the conference, however not later than 7 days after its completion.
- 10 March 2019 – deadline for registration by the conference speakers who should also submit abstracts of their speeches by this date.
- 18 March 2019 -deadline for submitting presentations (ppt. format) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 25 March 2019 – deadline for submitting papers to be printed in the conference publication; the papers should be sent at: email@example.com
- 12 April 2019– deadline for paying the fee
- 14 April 2019 –departure of the conference coach from Warsaw,
- 17 April 2019 –conference completion, the coach leaves for Warsaw.
Participants shall be responsible for their accommodation. The Organizers recommend the Zamek-Ryn Hotel ****, where all the sessions, meals and accompanying events will be held.
You will be able to stay at the Zamek-Ryn Hotel paying the following special offer prices stating that your stay involves participation in the Epimilitaris 2019 conference (number of rooms is limited):
320 PLN per day for a single room
390 PLN per day for a double room for 1 person
430 PLN per day for a double room.
TERMS OF CANCELLATION
You will be able to cancel your participation in the Conference free of charge only until 15.03.2019. If you cancel your reservation after this date or if you do not attend the Conference, you will have to pay the full cost of participation based on the invoice issued by the Association of Defense Communities Movement.
- You should notify us of the cancellation in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Organizer shall confirm such cancellation in writing.
- The lack of payment shall not mean the cancellation of your participation in the Conference. If you are unable to take part in the conference, you can nominate another participant.
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Conference or change its dates.
THE ORGANIZERS WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING IN THE COURSE OF THE CONFERENCE
- Meals (3 lunches and 2 dinners),
- Coffee breaks,
- Participation in all panel sessions,
- Conference materials,
- Simultaneous interpretation,
- Certificate of participation,
- Transfer from Warsaw to Ryn and back (optional).
INFORMATION FOR THE AUTHORS
- Papers shall be published in a conference monograph, thus the texts must be drafted in accordance with the editing rules required by the publishers (relevant information at www.srwo.org.pl),
- 10 March 2019 – deadline for registration by the conference speakers who should also submit abstracts of their speeches by this date: email@example.com,
- 18 March 2019– deadline for submitting presentations (ppt. format) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 25 March 2019- deadline for submitting papers to be printed in the conference publication; the papers should be sent at: email@example.com, with a reference: Epimilitaris.